What’s (Almost) Better than Staying in One of Anchorage’s Great Bed and Breakfast Inns?
Getting an Award from the Anchorage Alaska Bed and Breakfast Association!
|AABBA 2013 Award Winners Shine!|
Founded in 1987, AABBA membership is comprised of Anchorage bed and breakfast inns committed to providing quality service for guests- member inns are peer inspected and approved and offer superior accommodations, outstanding breakfasts and award-winning service.
AABBA’s associate / travel partners offer a variety of services and goods that provide and create a quality, enjoyable, memorable experience for leisure visitors and business travelers. Partners hail from sectors including restaurants, museums, cultural centers, theaters, land, sea and air tours, marketing, lodging, and other types of support services. “We are truly blessed to have such strong relationships with so many wonderful entities that really care about creating a fabulous experience for our guests” said Caroline Valentine, a founding member of the AABBA, and also owner of Camai B and B.
In all, eight organizations were honored in the following categories for the 2013 season:
· Best Alaska Experience - Alaska Native Heritage Center
· Best Tour Experience - Phillips Cruises and Tours
· Best Dining Experience - Spenard Roadhouse
· Best Customer Service - Glacier Brewhouse
· Innovative Approach to Making Guests Feel Special - Anchorage Trolley Tours
· Best Business to Business Service in Support of Tourism – The Alaska App
· Rookie of the Year, New Member - Sam Wasson Photography
· Advocacy for B and Bs, in Tourism - Bed and Breakfast Association of Alaska
“Our guests rave about the services and goods they access through our travel partners,” said Roth. “The friendly service and the quality experience are second to none! What a great way to showcase what Alaska is really all about.”
And, judging by the reaction and comments from members in attendance, they couldn’t agree more.
Blog contributed by Marilyn Kasmar, AABBA Publicity Director, and Owner/Innkeeper, 11th Avenue Bed and Breakfast.